Congregational Care Ministry
The Mission of Congregational Care Ministry is to deepen the connections in the church and to oversee the pastoral care of the members. Members participate in many opportunities to connect with members and friends each month – to share God’s love and show that someone cares.
- Sending cards on a periodic basis to members in long-term care facilities, hospitals, at home, and following the death of a member
- Making telephone calls to maintain contact with those who are homebound or ill
- Making visits to hospitals and other facilities
- Taking individuals food shopping and to doctor appointments
- Arranging meals when needed following hospitalization or illness
- Sending cards to college students on a periodic basis
- Periodic blood pressure screening before and after worship
- Knit and crochet sweaters, hats, mittens, scarfs and prayer shawls for local and
- Participation in food collection for those who experience food insecurity
- Promote health through sharing health related information in newsletters, bulletins and bulletin board.